PEM Community Schools provides WiFi access to all members of PEM Community Schools and guests. All traffic on campus is monitored and recorded. We can only monitor your device while connected to PEM Wifi. Usage of our WiFi requires that a security certificate is installed on your device.
Follow the instructions below to install a Securly Certificate on your device in order to use PEM's WiFi.
Android Devices (phones and tablets):
Download the Securly Certificate by clicking---> here.
Open and select defaults. At the 'Name the certificate' screen, give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
iOS Devices (Ipad/Iphone):
Download the Securly Certificate by clicking---> here. Install by completing the following steps.
- Go to Settings/General/Profiles.
- Press on the Download Profile of *.securly.com.
- Press Install.
- Enter your personal pin.
- You will be prompted with a Warning message that states, "Installing the certifiicate "*.securly.com" will add it to the list of trusted certificates. Press the Install button, then press Install again.
- *.securly.com should display as Verified.
Windows Desktops and Laptops:
Download the Securly Certificate by clicking---> here. Install by following the following steps. You may need administration rights on your PC to install this certificate.
- Locate the downloaded Security Certificate (securly_ca_2020). Typically it is downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- Run the installer (double click on securely_ca_2020).
- Click Open.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Select Local Machine, click Next.
- Click Yes to Allow this app to make changes to your device.
- Choose ‘Place all certificates in the following store.”
- Click Browse.
- Choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click OK.
- ‘The import was successful’ should display.
- Click OK to exit.
Mac Computers (OS x):
Download the Securly Certificate by clicking---> here. Install by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- Select ‘System’ in the left-hand column.
- Open ‘File > Import Items’ and import the ‘securly_ca_2020.crt’ files into the ‘System’ keychain.
- The certificate should now show with a red X. That means it is untrusted. To provide trust, double-click the *.securly.com certificate. Under "Trust", change the setting at the top (When using this certificate) to "Always Trust". This is pictured in the gif below.
New Securly Certificate Expiration 2034:
Click ---> here.